1. Get your own weight to lift.
When you’re done, put them away; the number one violation of weight room etiquette is not putting your own weights away. If you violate this rule, expect 50 burpees.
2. Treat equipment with respect, but don’t baby it.
Plates, barbells, kettlebells, dumbbells, medicine balls, etc. are meant to be picked up, dropped, thrown etc. Respect the equipment using it heavy and hard, but don’t abuse it.
3. Go heavy or go home.
The only way to get stronger is to increase resistance (weight). At all times in the weight room, strive to put more weight on the barbell and move it faster.
4. Work hard, or get your workout somewhere else.
Don’t drag anyone else down with you.
5. Don’t be a jerk.
There is always someone out there bigger, faster and stronger then you.
6. Don’t expect immediate results.
There are no shortcuts to getting stronger or getting fitter, enjoy the sweat, welcome the pain.
7. Don’t worry about how you look.
worry about how you perform.
8. Don’t be late.
We respect your time respect ours. If you are late, expect a 2K row and 50 burpees for your warm up.
9. We are your coaches, not your personal trainers.
Don’t expect us to get your weights for you, put them away, count your reps, hold your hand, get you a tissue or call your momma.
10. Never say “I Can’t”
Self pity accomplishes nothing. No whining. You can always scale your workout accordingly.
11. The Athlete is responsible for his/her own fitness, health and safety.
Our workouts are tough. The weight is heavy. If you need to pull back, or aren’t comfortable, tell the coach, this is being smart not weak.
12. Leave your personal/job/family problems at the door.
This gym is our sanctuary for all of that crap, make it yours.
13. We are not politically correct.
We curse, fart, yell, grunt, scream, sweat, bleed. Yes you will too.
14. Laugh – Come on we all look funny doing this stuff. Especially you.
15. Expect Squats.
Yes, we do squats, and we do them ATG. Get down to the ground and enjoy it down there!